New catch record and quota docket books
Licence holders with a Fishing Licence (Octopus) entitlement have been sent the revised Octopus Catch, Effort, and Disposal Return book - F3043.
This new book replaces:
- the old Octopus Catch, Effort, and Disposal Record book - F2621
Also available is the new version of the Fish Transfer or Sales Receipt Book - F3034.
The 2022 Scalefish Operational Guide is available to download. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a printed version of the Guide.
When to start using the new books
What to do with the old books
- Remove all unused yellow and white pages in the old version of the Octopus Catch, Effort, and Disposal Record book - F2621.
- Post these to Department of Natural Resources and Environment Tasmania (NRE) in the reply-paid envelope provided.
- Keep all used white copies of your octopus catch, effort and disposal records—these need to be retained by you for a minimum period of 5 years.
Octopus Catch, Effort and Disposal Return Changes
All holders of a fishing licence (octopus) or a current octopus permit will be issued the new book.
- inclusion of new examples of how to complete this return
- updated instructions that reflect the changes.
In Part A
the “Month”, “Year”, “Supervisor Name”, and “Mobile No.” fields have been removed
tick boxes for “Trigger Trap” and “Trial Pot” have been added to allow fishers operating under a permit to indicate what type of pot is being used—noting that a shelter pot is the default pot type for the licensed fishery
the “No. of Pots Used per Line” field has moved from Part A to Part B.
In Part B
- new column for “No. of Pots Used per Line” inserted after the “Line Number” column
- the three “Fisher use only” columns have been removed to make room for the additional research pot data fields.
- the “Date Hauled” column has been moved to after the “Depth (metres)” column
- new ”Bycatch” and “Discard” columns have been included in the “Estimated Weight” section
- new columns for recording additional research pot data have been included
- the “Protected Species” columns are now separate from “Bycatch” and “Discard” information.
In Part C
- the “Catch Disposal” section has been redesigned and moved to the left of the form
- the comments box has moved to the right of the catch disposal table.
In Part D the:
- reference to Part D has been removed and the supervisor “Declaration” has been updated and moved to the bottom of the return.
Instructions and examples
Download instructions and examples for the revised Octopus Catch book: