Wild Fisheries Management
The Wild Fisheries Management Branch is responsible for:
- the sustainable management of commercial and recreational sea fisheries;
- administering relevant parts of the Living Marine Resources Management Act 1995 and operating within the provisions of that Act; and
- developing and implementing fisheries management policies and plans to ensure commercial, recreational, indigenous and scientific fishing is undertaken in a sustainable manner.
Licensing and Compliance
The Fisheries Licensing and Compliance Branch is responsible for:
- the licensing of all commercial fishing in Tasmanian State waters under the Living Marine Resources Management Act 1995 (LMRMA) and the Fishing (Licence Ownership and Interest) Registration Act 2001 and subordinate legislation.
- the collection and data entry of catch and effort information under the LMRMA and subordinate legislation
- the investigation of possible non-compliance with the LMRMA and subordinate legislation.